Last revision, 2014.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: The Pool at Shepherd’s Vineyard will not discriminate, will not tolerate discrimination of any sort and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination of membership including guests, directors, officers, and employees in all areas of operation.
Anti-Harassment Policy: The Pool at Shepherd’s Vineyard is committed in all areas of operation to providing an environment that is free from harassment. Harassment based upon an individual’s gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristics will not be tolerated. Sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome and offensive behavior of a sexual nature and includes verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature. Any use of the company computers or internet connection for the purpose of conducting illegal acts, viewing or disseminating material of a sexual nature is strictly prohibited.
Alcohol policy: Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the premises during normal pool hours, nor during TSA sanctioned swim meets. Alcoholic beverages are permitted only at pre-approved private parties and designated events. As required by NC General Statute, glass containers are strictly forbidden at all times within the fenced area of the pool.
NOTICE: Membership is at-risk for violation of any of the corporation policies.
- Only children aged 6 and under are allowed in the wading pool. A parent or chaperone must accompany them at all times.
- No smoking on the property.
- No glass containers allowed on the property.
- No loitering in the restroom or parking areas.
- No littering. Members are responsible for cleaning up and disposing of their trash.
- At all times members and their guests are expected to be respectful toward each other and the staff. Members are responsible for the behavior of their guests. Disruptive behavior is not allowed.
- The pool is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to personal property of members or their guests.
- Pool members are responsible for the maintenance of the furniture layout.
- Proper swimming attire is required. “Cutoff” shorts are not allowed.
- No pets, except seeing-eye dogs, are allowed inside the fenced area of the pool.
- The grill is open to members and their guests as a first-come first-serve basis. Please be courteous to others while grilling.
Members and Guests
- Members must sign in at the check-in table.
- All guests must be registered at the check-in table, before using the facility.
- All rentals for parties, etc. are handled via the Pool Manager.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult or chaperone.
- Parents and chaperones will supervise their children and guests at all times while on the property.
- Children that are not potty-trained must wear a swim diaper at all times while in the pool(s).
- The grill is to be shared, be considerate to those using. If in high demand ask front desk attendant about other options.
Main Pool and Wading Pool
- No food or drink allowed in the pool.
- No floats allowed in the shallow end (2 foot section) of the pool.
- Only children aged 6 and under are allowed in the wading pool.
- A parent or chaperone must accompany children in the wading pool at all times.
- Diving is permitted only in the deep end.
- Diving board weight limit is 250 pounds.
- Only one diver at a time on the diving board.
- No inward dives or reverse dives allowed.
- Members must obtain permission from the lifeguard to “close” the diving boards. The diving boards will be “opened” at the discretion of the lifeguard.
- No running on the pool deck.
- No talking to the lifeguards while they are on duty.
- The pool and deck area will be cleared at the first sound of thunder and re-opened when safe.
- At the last 10 minutes of the hour the pool will be cleared for break. During this time the pool will be unguarded. Only adults, 18 years and older, are allowed in the pool.
- The pool manager will determine toys, balls, and floats that are allowed in the pool.
- No rollerblading, skateboarding, or bicycling allowed inside the fenced area of the pool